As defined by me, the Mom 15 constitutes weight gained as a result of attending birthday parties with one’s child where one is unable to turn down the free pizza and cupcakes/cake that are offered.
It also may involve weight gained as a result of any number of the following:
• Grabbing crappy food on the go (at Starbucks, Duncan Donuts or EZ-Processed-To-Go-Food-Store of One’s Choice) because one didn’t have time to eat breakfast at home because one’s children didn’t want to put their coats on and one just needed to get out the damn door
• Using “working mom guilt” as an excuse to talk oneself out of going to the gym. Ex: I spend too much of the week away from little Susie. If I go to the gym that’s less time to bond with her and she needs me. (Meanwhile, little Susie is super psyched to have some Daddy time and watch a Scooby Doo marathon on TV)
• Kindly helping one’s children clean their plates even if one has already eaten their own meal because one does not want to let perfectly good food (including desserts) go to waste
The Mom 15 may also be exacerbated by not having lost all the pregnancy weight and by being well past the age when one can eat whatever one wants and not gain a pound.
I will keep my readers (Hi mom!) informed of my progress. I am working hard to obliterate my own Mom 15 in the hope of fitting into the majority of my clothes again this year.
![]() |
| Warning: As a result of the Mom 15, this could happen to you! |

I hear ya!! I am always finishing her plate of yummy food after I eat my dinner! I don't even have the excuse of not loosing my baby weight - that came off easily but have managed to gain another XXX (wish it was only 15 pounds).
ReplyDelete