I will be childless and husbandless for 10 days as my family is off to visit relatives in Scotland without me as I have to work. I have 16 hours of vacation left to my husband's 150+ so he, my mother-in-law, and daughter decided it was the perfect time before H. starts kindergarten to visit their Scotish kin.
While it will be difficult to be away from my baby, I know she'll have a blast spending quality time with family.
While I have a few things planned and will be working, I'll still have many hours of unstructured time.
So I'm asking the blogosphere, which of the following activities should I partake in while they are gone?
- Wear one of Jim’s shirts and duplicate the Tom Cruise dance from Risky Business
- Watch a different chick flick – from the Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon and Julia Roberts movie catalogs - each night while sporting various age defying face masks
- Pretend I’m 21 again, hit the local bars, stand in really long lines to get in and do some Jello and Mind Eraser shots? (Building up my tolerance level but also risking the "kids" thinking I'm a narc)
- Pretend I’m 80, rock a snuggie, hit the early bird specials at local restaurants and fall asleep by 8? (This is sadly way more appealing than it should be)
- Become the queen of Pinterest and spend all my free time doing the 2012 version of what I did as a young teenager, except instead of cutting out photos of Michael J Fox and Chad Lowe and adorning my bedroom walls with them, I'll post recipes and home decor ideas
- Other ideas?
Let me know what y'all think and maybe I'll consider living on the wild side........

No comments:
Post a Comment