Monday, August 15, 2016

Hello Insomnia My Old Friend, You've Come to F with me Again

I couldn't sleep last night and as a result, I came up with the following song parody set to the tune of "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel. 

The Scourge of Insomnia

Hello insomnia, my old friend
You've come to F with me again
I'm awake though I should be sleeping
And these random thoughts they keep creeping
And my worries, they play over again in my mind, I'm in a bind. 
because of the scourge of insomnia. 

I regret all the sweets that I ate 
I should have left them on that plate
Why must my willpower fail me now?
I'll cut out sugar once more I vow 
Those extra pounds that I've packed on will be gone, right now I yawn
Just no. The scourge of insomnia.

Why haven't we saved up for college?
Will Holly have the right knowledge
To get into a great state school
Will she work or be a lazy fool?
I should finish that parenting book I started, then quickly parted
Oh crap again. The scourge of insomnia.
Will I live to at least 92?
Or die sooner from a deadly flu?
Why is our country so torn apart?
From violence, hatred, and a cold, black heart
Will our next president be a one time reality star? We've fallen far. 
I hate you, the scourge of insomnia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment