After a heated debate about which photos to use for our
annual holiday card ended at an impasse (I look terrible here! We've already shared that picture! It's too fuzzy!), we all gave up.
So, I decided to write
a poem about the year that was instead……
January’s government shutdown saw Jim out of work
Did he learn a new skill or learn how to twerk?
Instead, he grew a scraggly multi-colored beard
I’m glad that he shaved it because it was pretty weird
In February, Marie Kondo inspired me to tidy up my drawer
It lasted about a month, at cleaning I am poor
In March, we threw a party based on velvet, lace, and leather
Jim’s special shirt will be remembered by guests forever
Scotland came to us via cousins Phoebe, Gemma, Rosie, and Neil
Spending quality time together brought on all the feels (We love you!)
In April, Meaghan Trainor had me shaking my booty
Her joy is infectious I walked out in the best moody (groan)
In May, Jim and I had birthdays, and yes, it is true
We are finally hitting our stride at 48 and 32 (shh)
In June, new clients came my way and a job offer for Jim
Our cups they runneth over, way past the brim
In July, Holly went to a new sleepaway camp
J and I enjoyed couple time while H sailed like a champ
In August we saw our dear friends Andy and Val
That guy never ages, nor does his gal
7th grade started in September without any drama
Which was good news for Holly and also her Mama
In October our love of costumes could not be denied
RenFest and Halloween let our collective freak flags fly
November came and went in the blink of an eye
All I remember is devouring J and H’s homemade cherry pie
Now December is nearly done, another decade has passed
Cheers to another year of making memories that will last!
Happy holidays to our
wonderful family and friends. We would be nothing without all of you.
XOXOXOXO
Note: This is a family photo of the Griswolds instead of us since unlike them, we couldn't get our act together to get a professional photo taken in time.

No comments:
Post a Comment